Friday, December 15, 2006
Another Company's Software Sales Approach
Interesting approach in sales for this Major Company who shall remain nameless. After we agreed upon a price, their final agreement was $87,000 MORE than the original price. What's up with that? Well, it seems they made a few mistakes in the original estimates and the credit we were supposed to get for our old licenses ($35K) doesn't really get included. It's like this: I decide to buy a car that stickers for $30K; we negotiate the price and come up with a figure of $26K. Then I have a trade in. So the dealer recalculates the trade in value of, say $4K and takes the original sticker price of $30K and subtracts the $4K and gets to $26K. Same price but I get to turn in my car! Same thing with the trade in value for these licenses. Plus, to add insult to injury -- I would have to pay more for the support on the new licenses to include support for the migrated licenses! Flat out NO. Deal was off.