Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Guitars I've Loved Before...


Larrivee OM-3. Paid $500USD. Traded (got $700) toward a Huss & Dalton DS-Custom. This was a great guitar and in hindsight, I wish I still had it. Mahogony body (not sapele) and it was just a great guitar. It was already 8 years old when I bought it so it sounded great.

Larrivee L-03R. Paid $800NEW. Traded for a $300Cash + a '91 Mint Gibson LesPaul. I never liked this guitar. It was rosewood and I thought it sounded too much like my OM-3 but with a larger, more unattractive body.

Larrivee: OO-50. Paid $1600NEW. Gave it in trade ($1250) toward a Huss & Dalton T-OM(Used) which was a gift. I played this guitar a lot. It was a nice size to take to lessons and sounded good for a parlour-sized guitar. Mahogony sounds better on smaller body guitars, I think.

'91 Gibson LesPaul. Got it on a trade (along with $300) for one of my Larrivees (below). Eventually traded it (got $700) for a Huss & Dalton DS-Custom (after I took it apart to see how it was made). I really didn't play it much and it was heavy.