Friday, February 13, 2009
Notes on Strings
Sort of sounds like Snakes on a Plane - but more on "notes on a string" here. So I went in and made a little chart in Excel on the thinking that there must be some sort of pattern to this guitar stuff even though the strings themselves didn't appear to me at the time to have any sort of order to them (at least not like a piano). The thinking here is that I would make each instance of a given note up and down the fretboard a particular color and then from a distance I would suddenly see the pattern. (I didn't right way. That came a few years later, like as in just last week). But for now, I share with you the Notes on a String with a special nod to the 6th and 5th String as noted in the prior post.